Hello!


Welcome, dear reader! My name is Lena Barclay, aka "Miss Communication", and this blog is part of a class assignment for JTC 650: Public Relations Management. I am a graduate student at Colorado State University, and hope to use my knowledge of International relations (my BA degree) and love of writing and speaking to combine the two to create captivating communication and advocacy campaigns for global humanitarian issues. My main interest lies in the realm of human rights, women and child development, and poverty reduction, but I have recently been privy to the underbelly of other non-profit work dealing with global environmental sustainability, the eradication of hunger, and women's health worldwide. With this eccentric mix of interests, I hope to use this blog to discuss public relations/communications issues relating to my field, as well as explore other topics that I stumble upon in the process.

Why "Miss Communication"? I like to think of myself, as corny as it sounds, as an advocate for world peace, which inevitably brings memories of past Miss America contestants who's only wish for the future is " World Peace". However, instead of just looking pretty and wearing a crown, I hope to make this wish a reality in the one way I believe is key to solving most global issues- communication. Ironically, the term "miscommunication" is , in my opinion, one of the main reasons the world is in the state it's in today...So, without further ado, I present to you Miss Communication, a woman with a mission to save the world through the clever use of communication!

Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :